Martinhal Sagres; In The Never Ending Quest For The Perfect Family Holiday

Martinhal Sagres; In The Never Ending Quest For The Perfect Family Holiday

The astute of you may wonder what I am doing writing another post about Martinhal, you may have seen this one from just a few weeks backs. No I don’t work for them. I’d like to, don’t get me wrong but we are simply holiday go-ers (and potentially soon to be residents..? Oh, exciting) of the Martinhal holiday resort.

We stayed at Martinhal Quinta do Lago in September and had such a great time we returned in November, incidentally we were so lucky with the weather but I digress. During our stay we visited another of Martinhal’s holiday sites in Sagres. What a revelation.

A fun fact on Sagres for you… it is the further west you can possibly go in Europe. It’s a tad on the windy side and a few degrees cooler than the Eastern Algarve where we were residing, but then it was November. We still had the sun on our face though. We took a trip to the lighthouse, which is the furthest point west on land you can be. It was pretty fantastic. The views were incredible and it really feels like you are somewhere special. Somewhere that you don’t get to go everyday. Probably because you don’t.

Sagres, the end of the world

Anyway, back to the Martinhal resort. If you thought I harped on about Quinta resort well you ain’t seen nothing yet. To say I was impressed is an understatement. We only stayed for the day so I cannot comment on the accommodation, but some of the views you must get from the rooms overlooking the beach. They look incredible. From my understanding Martinhal Sagres offers a range of villas, houses, apartments and hotel rooms so there is something for everyone.

The complex itself is huge and has everything you need, a shop, indoor come outdoor pool, spa, gym and restaurants. But where it really comes into it’s own is the facilities it offers for the children. Ergo the actual holiday parents can have. My two had an amazing time and only got to experience half of it. Being out of season some things were closed.

There is a trampoline, 3 parks (all conveniently located for adults next to sun loungers, coffee shops and bars) volleyball area and adventure bike track for the kids. On the village square  is a large outdoor play area, perfect for my two and three year old. There you will also find the Mbar, which houses Martinhal’s signature #mvan – a decked out camper van for the kiddies to play in. A huge hit. it also has a children’s corner complete with TV, colouring, games, toys and an iPad station. It’s perfect for children who are bored sitting whilst parent’s eat or have a drink.

Then there is the ‘entertainment’ that comes with your sit down meal. You can choose to eat in a more formal, more-restaurant-less-bar setting with food to match but fear not, you don’t have to plonk your kids in front of the iPads or try desperately to entertain them and plead with them to sit still. Within the same room, kind of, there is a member of the children’s club on hand to play with and entertain your children, with games, writing, colouring. It is genius and the future of stress free eating with small ones.

There are also some well thought out extras, such as the toilets. The baby changing toilet comes complete with a miniature toilet for miniature people. It was a huge hit with my mini me. Of all the things, the parks, trampolines, cars, beach and pools she talk about this the most. Priorities.

Like I said, we only had half the show, given the time of year and our little ones didn’t get the sample the children’s club. I have little doubt my two would have loved it. They loved the children’s club in Quinta, so much so they would ask to go everyday and were genuinely sad to say goodbye to the staff. The facilities at Sagres looked fantastic and they were pulling at my side to go in.

On a final note the Sagres site is set on the beach. You simply stroll down the resort to a beautiful beach. It is the perfect addition to the complex.

I honestly couldn’t rave enough about this resort. You may have seen we have some longer term plans for next year, to spend a long (very long) time on the Algarve next year, whilst we do we will certainly be spending some of our time at Martinhal Sagres.

Martinhal Sagres; In the never ending search for the perfect family holiday. Why the Martinhal resort in Sagres Portugal has so much to offer for your family holiday.

Mission Mindfulness

1. November 25, 2017 / 8:35 am

WOW. The campervan for the kiddies to play in looks amazing. So many beautiful photos in this post. It looks like a lovely place. #thesatsesh

2. November 25, 2017 / 11:01 pm

I need to go this place right now, it sooks and sounds amazing! God you had such a lovely time and so lovely to have sun in November. Your plans for next year sound very exciting!xx #thesatsesh

3. November 27, 2017 / 7:40 am

All their resorts look so amazing. We obvipisly stay at my dads so no need to visit but they do look gorgeous! #familyfun

4. November 27, 2017 / 8:41 am

Looks amazing… this sounds like the dream parent friendly resort. I wonder if I’ll need to remortgage to afford it though??? #familyfun

5. November 27, 2017 / 9:06 am

This place looks and sounds amazing. We’d love to visit the Algarve and after reading your posts about it, I would be very tempteď to visit Martinhal. #FamilyFunLinky

6. November 27, 2017 / 2:08 pm

This really does look amazing and somewhere I’d like to take my gang I think #familyfunlinky

7. November 27, 2017 / 3:16 pm

Looks amazing. My kids would be obsessed with that camper van! #familyfun

8. November 27, 2017 / 6:40 pm

It’s great when you find a place that’s just perfect isn’t it?
    We have been tomCentre Paris in Holland for the past 15 years as we love it so much! We have also travelled further afield but when the kids are happy, so are the parents. That beach looks stunning. Great review! #familyfun

9. Mother of 3
    November 27, 2017 / 9:01 pm

That does sound fabulous! I love that more resorts are thinking of FAMILY vacations and are starting to provide more extras to make the stay special for the kids as well. Pinned.

10. November 27, 2017 / 11:05 pm

It does sound an AMAZING place for a family holiday. Your words and photos really sell it to me and I’m someone who has never been that bothered about visiting Portugal. Your plans for next year are VERY exciting and make me a tad envious. I think it’s great you’re very near to taking the plunge now and really look forward to seeing the excitement mount via your blog xx #thesatsesh xx

11. November 28, 2017 / 6:18 am

Looks incredible place to explore. I love the idea of the campervan, I bet that was an adventure for the kiddos X #familyfunlinky

12. November 28, 2017 / 9:44 am

This place looks absolutely amazing and the most child friendly I have heard of! #Familyfunlinky

13. November 28, 2017 / 2:05 pm

Looks absolutely lovely. I love holidays close to the beach :)

Ellen x

14. November 28, 2017 / 8:12 pm

#thesatsesh there is nothing that i love to read more than a woman with a plan. I look forward to watching (via the blog) your dreams come true in 2018. *this was meant to be a positive comment, sorry for the slight stalker vibe lol. It looks beautiful and glad you made some wonderful memories.

15. December 1, 2017 / 11:37 pm

WOW! This place looks amazing – so if you are ever desperate to visit the states (WHY?) and you would like to trade for a while, I AM IN! Enjoy! BTW, those trampolines are the kind they used to have on the beach when I was a kid. Memories! xoxo #familyfun

16. December 2, 2017 / 12:02 pm

Oh wow, this place look idyllic, that beach is stunning. My two would love that camper an too, it makes such a huge difference when the kids are catered for so well.