10 Things That Only Happen Between Besties

10 Things That Only Happen Between Besties

Besties, bezzies, best mates what ever you want to call them they are worth their weight in gold. Everybody needs one, or many, and everyone should have one. I am lucky in that I have a few. They have all in one way or another helped to make me the person I am, seriously, and I am eternally grateful to them. That said love them as I do, there are some things that only these people can get away with…

1. ‘You seriously look rough as fuck’

Actual words from a person I deem a best friend. However she was absolutely correct. I looked rough as fuck after we had two too many gins the night before. You can always rely on a bestie to tell you the truth, if something doesn’t suit or you generally look petty shit.

Text conversation between me and bestie

2. Don’t be a dick

Or words to that effect. I recently created a ‘workout’ board on Pinterest – here’s what my bestie had to say about it.

text message conversation between me and bestie

It is not confined to this either, any life decisions, even the biggys you think your friends may regret you do not hold back in telling them not to be a dick and do something stupid. Similarly they will happily tell you after taking that shitty ex back again, to stop being a dick. Or a simple ‘yeah you were a dick last night’ after too many glasses fizz also fits nicely into this category.

3. Are you feeding me?

You know when you make plans circa a meal time and you are not sure whether said plans will include food and you have that big internal debate about whether you should eat before or after, or you try to subtly get it into conversation, as let’s face it no one wants to miss a meal. A real mate won’t internalise they will just ask. More people should be like this in my book.

4. My kids are really annoying me.

Me and my mum bestie have uttered this many a time. Followed by ‘I can say it to you because…’. It is a judgement free zone, you can say anything and it goes unchecked.

5. ‘Don’t talk to me’.

You know when you are really upset and people talking to you or being nice to you only makes it worse. Yeah that. You can be rude and abrupt to your bestie by telling them to do one because you don’t wish to re-open those flood gates in Costa. They totally get it and oblige by talking about their drama. If however hot fiery tears flood through those gates anyway they quickly whip you out of sight to offload and cry quietly into your tea, without onlookers.

Sometimes, out of curtesy, my friend and I will send each other the pre-warning text to alert them to our impending emotional instability, giving each other the heads up to basically ignore each other for the 90 minutes of playgroup. Other than to give the ‘you ok’ eyes.

6. Wine.

When crying into your tea just won’t cut it. Or celebratory wine. Your birthday. Their birthday. Your child’s birthday. The dogs birthday. Saturday.

Me and bestie drinking wine

7. I’ll help you bury the body

Because they know it was probably justified.

8. What happened on holiday stays on holiday.

We’ve all been on a girly holiday, or 5 and we all know that somethings are best left in Magaluf. Say.no.more.

me and bestie on holiday

9. What to do in times of crises.

A real friend will know when it is wine, chocolate or a shoulder to cry on that you need. If you are having panic attack in the middle of a car park they will be able to help. If shit is hitting the fan and all your spinning plates are crashing around you they will have the words of wisdom or the actions to help when you need it most irregardless of what is going on in their life.

10. No words needed – the look says it all. Friend telepathy

best friend look

JakiJellz

1. October 9, 2017 / 10:22 am

You know they’re a true friend when they can say these without repercussion. Top post 👍

2. October 9, 2017 / 10:38 am

This made me giggle all the way through! Fab post. #familyfunlinky

3. October 9, 2017 / 10:51 am

Haha I always tell my friends they look rough as fuck and are being a dick, so true! #familyfunlinky

4. October 9, 2017 / 11:40 am

Yes, me and my friend do all of these! #familyfun

5. October 9, 2017 / 11:50 am

ha ha no one can be quite as insulting as a best friend (and get away with it 😉 #familyfunlinky

6. October 9, 2017 / 12:55 pm

This is all so true! Though I do say don’t be a dick to my husband quite a lot lol.

7. October 9, 2017 / 4:56 pm

Haha- friend telepathy- lol! I also like the ‘are you feeding me?’ A very important question. #familyfun

8. October 9, 2017 / 5:42 pm

So true. Just seen my bestie this weekend and it never feels like we’ve been apart! It’s a great list 😀

9. October 9, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Fab post! Friends just know, don’t they? they know when you need to be told to shut up or that you look amazing or that that skirt is horrid AND when to stay silent….eek! #familyfun

10. October 10, 2017 / 1:19 am

These are so true! I don’t have enough bestie friends, but my hubby is usually pretty good at “are you wearing that?” or “you look terrible.” Often I’m not too keen to hear these things from him, but it still works out in the end! True friends are important for all your reasons, and more!
    ~Jess

11. The Mummy Bubble
    October 10, 2017 / 6:39 am

Yes these are all so true! Great friends are hard to find but they are absolutely worth their weight in gold x #triumphanttales

12. October 10, 2017 / 10:04 am

Yep, nodding along to all of these! Fab post #TriumphantTales

13. October 10, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Awww fab post. I’m off to give my bestie a massive cuddle now because he’s amazing! 😊 #FamilyFunLinky

14. October 10, 2017 / 12:21 pm

I have a bestie that I’ve had to say “don’t be a dick” to a few times lol! My sister is also my best friend and we have that telepathy thing down:) I love this post! We all need at least one friend who is our bestie! Thanks so much for hosting #FamilyFunLinky

15. October 10, 2017 / 3:38 pm

This post gave me a good chuckle. Me and my best friend can relate to a lot of this, especially the brutal honesty bits! Great post.
    #TriumphantTales

16. October 10, 2017 / 3:38 pm

This had me laughing and happy, thinking of my bff’s! Great post! #familyfun xo

17. October 10, 2017 / 7:57 pm

Brilliant! Was agreeing with all of these as I read through it!

18. October 11, 2017 / 10:34 am

You know they are a bestie when you can whinge to them about anything! #familyfunlinky

19. October 12, 2017 / 10:58 am

Love this post – one of my favourites is ‘don’t be a dick’…I’m pretty sure that could be my life motto haha! Brilliant post, really made me smile xx #ablogginggoodtime

20. October 12, 2017 / 11:56 am

I love this post so much! The bit about the workout board on Pinterest made me seriously LOL! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub xoxo

21. October 12, 2017 / 9:48 pm

Hilarious. Couldn’t agree more. I would be lost without my besties. They just get it. All your rules are spot on but particularly the look! It speaks volumes – but only between besties. #coolmumclub

22. October 13, 2017 / 5:48 am

Ha ha, so true. I love it when a whole sentence can be conveyed with just a look. And number 7 is handy, always good to know someone has your back, no matter what 😂

23. October 14, 2017 / 6:14 am

Ha love this! Hilarious and so true! #thesatsesh

24. October 14, 2017 / 3:20 pm

So true! LOVE THIS! #thesatsesh

25. October 14, 2017 / 6:39 pm

This is all so true. I can count my best friends on one hand. Great post celebrating true friendship! Thanks for linking up to #TriumphantTales, hope to see you again on Tuesday! X

26. October 15, 2017 / 8:43 am

This really made smile, the food thing is such a ‘thing’ isn’t it?! It would be so much easier if we all just came out and asked if there was a meal available or not. Loved reading every point! #thesatsesh

27. October 15, 2017 / 6:39 pm

Very good! Nodding along to all of these! #familyfunlinky

28. October 16, 2017 / 2:15 pm

Gigglesome post! Loved the ‘are you feeding me’. Why beat about the bush after all? #coolmumclub

29. October 16, 2017 / 6:30 pm

Firstly, Thanks for joining the #thesatsesh fun and also – hell yes to all of these! I love my bestie to pieces, she is my soul mate before my Mister and without her I wouldn’t be me…probs because she knows what to say and when to say it x fab post