Pointshoot… Skincare, Sun and FACEBOOK

Pointshoot… Skincare, Sun and FACEBOOK

Welcome to my weekly Pointshoot post, it is a relatively themeless week, odds and sods if you will. We are in holiday limbo here on count down to the mass departure, endless washing, panic buying, freezer emptying you know the drill.The weekend culminated on a pretty hectic note though with some disturbing Facebook related activities, of which in true blogger form I will most likely dedicate an entire post to it, but for now the photo below should explain. We have also had a poorly boy who required an out of hours appointment – it’s always on a weekend right? Good news is though, despite everyone’s protestations about the NHS and funding, we was seen remarkably quickly, in fact it was possibly easier to get an appointment and be seen on a Saturday then it would be a weekend day at our GP. Either way – LONG LIVE THE NHS.

*HELP* So yesterday was a strange one. I was awake for hours in the night because a kind lady had alerted me to the fact that someone on Facebook had taken two of my photos. One of me and my little boy when he was a few weeks old and still in hospital and one of him a few months old smiling – you'd be forgiven for thinking he was still a newborn though. Anyway they have used them on their profile with pictures of other poorly babies who apparently aren't theirs (according to the parents of said babies). Now this is disturbing right? Like really disturbing. I and some lovely friends of mine, have all reported this to Facebook but to no avail. There seems to be no appropriate automated option to alert Facebook to what this person is doing, other than to message said person. Oddly I think they're aware of what they have done a message from me falls on deaf ears. Wrong yes? So can anyone help? How the hell do I get Facebook to listen to me and take these photos off of said strangers page? I know perhaps there may need to be some internal questions to be asked about choosing to publish personal photos on the internet but that is for another time. For now I would just like this person stop pretending my child is his.

A post shared by Sarah Pool (@tammymumuk) on

1. September 11, 2017 / 9:02 am

Love your insta pics, looks like despite of a themeless week, you squeezed some quality fun time in! #familyfunlinky

2. September 11, 2017 / 9:33 am

We haven’t really had a summer here, hence not needed much sun screen, I love your photos #familyfun@_karendennis

3. September 11, 2017 / 10:22 am

How were the overnight oats? I keep hearing about them but got to be honest, i don’t get it! It’s just oats! #familyfunlinky

4. September 11, 2017 / 1:15 pm

The overnight oats look delish! Will be trying those out. #familyfunlinky

5. September 11, 2017 / 5:06 pm

I’m not a fan of the overnight oats but when my wife remembers to do it the night before it makes her a little delirious. It’s the small things. If only I could make her as happy… 🤣

6. September 11, 2017 / 7:37 pm

I love overnight oats…..yum. Especially with chia seeds and coconut milk. #familyfun

7. September 12, 2017 / 6:58 am

How did the oats turn out. I hope FB have got their act together and taken those photos down too. #familyfun

8. September 12, 2017 / 7:14 am

Oo those ovenight oats look amazeballs!! I need to turn my hand to this! What were they like??? And that bikini – wowzer! Love! #FamilyFun

9. September 12, 2017 / 1:33 pm

Lovely photos as always. I love the make up you post, my hubby on the other hand does not like the fact that I amalways wanting to buy more after seeing your posts lol.

10. September 12, 2017 / 1:42 pm

It looks like you have had a great week! They are some beautiful photos you took:) Thanks so much for hosting #FamilyFunLinky

11. September 12, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Oooh the oats look delicious. How did they turn out. All your Instagram pictures are fab. #FamilyFunLinky

12. September 13, 2017 / 5:47 am

Gorgeous pictures. How did you get in with origins skincare? I’m running out of my current moisturiser and want to try something new. Loving the bargain bikin! I may not love wearing one, but I do love being somewhere hot enough to need one. As for the Facebook guy you already know my thoughts, name and shame! x

13. September 13, 2017 / 10:32 am

Oh my goodness I cannot believe someone would do that, I hope it gets sorted soon – I’ve just followed your IG feed as these are some gorgeous pictures and I’m linking up to #FamilyFun for the first time x

14. September 13, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Oh no, how dare someone use your pictures as theirs, it’s pretty disturbing that people will do this. I do wonder how many pictures are used with the true owners never finding out? x

15. September 13, 2017 / 7:09 pm

Love your photos. I hope facebook has sorted themselves out though! #familyfunlinky

16. September 13, 2017 / 8:19 pm

Your pics are gorgeous! Really crisp and clean! What were the overnight oats like? I tried them a while back and just couldn’t enjoy them – wondering if I did it wrong! #familyfunlinky