How to Use Colour, Patterns & Style With Monsoon and Multiyork.

How to Use Colour, Patterns & Style With Monsoon and Multiyork.

Keeping your interiors fresh, bright and inspired can be tricky. It is easy to fall into neutral colour scheme living, not that there is anything wrong with that, Scandi living is after all the rage but colour is not to be overlooked. When used correctly different colours can really make a room, bring the atmosphere you want and not to mention that touch of style.

Style being the operative word. British interiors specialist Multiyork and highstreet retailer Monsoon have joined forces for their third inspired collaboration for 2017. The collection is heavily focused on pattern, so much so Monsoon Director Kate Tansely says ‘pattern is truly at the heart of this beautiful 2017 collection. The versatility of these prints means they will look equally stylish as a cushion or as a statement-accent armchair’.  Boy she is spot on in this and it is exactly this that I love so much about the collection. The patterns are effortlessly stylish and perfect for adding vibrancy and elegance in all the right places.  The selection of pattern and colour is vast and you will find something to suit every palette .

The beautiful and colourful patterns are teamed with Multiyork’s sofa’s, cushions, dining chairs and footstools. I was kindly gifted a beautiful pink dotty cushion. The fabric is a fantastic quality and the cushion itself is well padded and very supportive, not to mention gorgeous. I love it so much I am investing in a few more to add to my bedspread, after all Mr Tammy loves having to take a bajillion cushions off of the bed before getting into it…

Anyway, the items available lend themselves perfectly to adding bright and vibrant aspects to your rooms. They range form bold pinks to stark blues, from floral motifs to the ever fashionable geometric prints. Go bold or go home people. The bold patterns encapsulate daring style and add a timeless class to your interiors. They would look absolutely stunning against single colour walls and are the perfect way to use colour, pattern and style.

Monsoon and multiyork sofa and armchair against a single colour wall
multiroyk and monsoon sofa
I used to shy away from the statement pieces but I think these are absolutely gorgeous. A patterned sofa complimented by additional patterned cushions is not necessarily something I would have been brave enough to try in the past but I am in love with it and think it would create a fabulous look to your living room without being over the top. See.

Multiyork_April119020

monsoon and miltyork cushions and sofa

Multiyork 2

If the bolder bright patterns and colours aren’t your thing then there are more subtle neutral designs utilising pastel colours and clean crips patterns, keeping them contemporary, the dotty range is a perfect example of this. The dotty patterns allow for a mis match of colours to be used harmoniously to suit all spaces yet still allow for an element of continuity in pattern and design. These colours and patterns would work beautifully on a range ofscatter cushions, dining chairs or feature chairs.

multiylork and monsoon scatter cushions

pale dotty fabric monsoon design and miltiyork armchair

This collection has truly inspired me and my approach to interiors. It has taught me to not be afraid of statement pieces, colours and daring patterns. To mix colours and patterns as the result is truly gorgeous. Yes I love chic, minimal scandi living but thanks to this collection I have my sights set on a huge dining table with bright and colourful patterned chairs in our new kitchen, diner, living  extension.

So what do you think? Do you go bold or go home? or are you more of the neutral pastel palette? You can shop the gorgeous range of fabrics at Multiyork’s Monsoon fabric collection.

How to Use Colour, Patterns & Style With Monsoon and Multiyork. Inspiration for ways you can use beautiful bold and colourful patterns in any room of your house to create timeless style and elegance

1. August 25, 2017 / 6:38 am

Those fabrics are absolutely beautiful. I love to mix colors and fabrics. The outcome is always phenomenal

2. August 25, 2017 / 6:38 am

3. August 25, 2017 / 7:43 am

Wow. Falling in love with the prints and patterns in the fabric. The texture and the feel of it, are amazing. I am simply wowed by these pictures. <3

4. August 25, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Wow all the colors and patterns are so beautiful! I love especially the pastel tones

5. August 25, 2017 / 2:56 pm

Wow these colors and patterns make my furniture look awfully drab. I never really looked at such bold pieces before but I like it and would consider having that in my home.

6. August 25, 2017 / 4:19 pm

I love these beautiful and bold pieces. They really do make a statement. I think it’s always good to decide on a color scheme and plan around that.

7. August 25, 2017 / 4:56 pm

These fabrics are amazing. I love the colors and fabrics. They look like they have fabulous texture as well. I always want to mix pattern in my design but am afraid. I love how everything coordinates but doesn’t look matchy, matchy!

8. Karen, the next best thing to mummy
    August 25, 2017 / 5:13 pm

There are some amazing fabrics here, my son and his girlfriend are about to move into their first house so I will suggest this to them

9. August 25, 2017 / 5:37 pm

These are some lovely patterns and colors. I need to brighten up my home, so I’ll keep this post in mind.

10. August 25, 2017 / 5:48 pm

I have always been afraid to use color, when it comes to interior design. I always tend to go neutral on everything! I really love that dotty fabric on the chairs! I would definitely go for that in my home.

11. August 25, 2017 / 11:20 pm

I’m definitely guilty of defaulting to a neutral colour palette when it comes to decorating but I’d like to change that! I love all the blue patterned pillows in your pictures, I think those would add some nice colour and pattern to my home while still matching the existing decor.

12. August 26, 2017 / 1:31 am

Looks great and neat. My wife would love this. Thank you for sharing.

13. August 26, 2017 / 1:58 am

wow, these were all so amazing.. I love things when it comes to Interior. they make house and rooms look so pretty!

14. August 26, 2017 / 2:08 pm

Love love love pastels! They elude this romantic and calming effect to the eyes. It also allows you to mix in other bold patterns, thank you for your tips!! It truly is inspiring

15. August 26, 2017 / 5:03 pm

These are really great decorations for inspiration. I would definitely look for this in the next coming months. I will arrange my house and it really needs a make-over. I am glad I came over this post.

16. August 26, 2017 / 8:03 pm

Gorgeous photos. The colours and patterns are really beautiful ! These fabrics seems to have a nice texture as well. I should admit I fall very often into neutral colour when designing my interior. I’m probably afraid of not using correctly different colours to make a pretty room.

17. August 27, 2017 / 12:16 pm

I’ve never had a problem with color and patterns but that probably comes from all of my years of sewing and applique work. Subtle colors and patterns can make such a big difference and splash in any room.