Hello there and welcome to the latest instalment of my series #MeetTheFamily. It is a spin off from our linky #FamilyFun. You may know that #FamilyFun is a linky where you can link up any blog post with the idea of it being a fun linky where you share your posts, comments and love with your blogging family. This post is all about getting to know our blogging family a bit better. So without further ado I will introduce you to this weeks member:
This Is Me Now is work of Susie, Susie is a woman after my own heart, lover of holiday, wine and food! I feel we would get on very well over a nice glass of the cold stuff and a good dinner – preferably al fresco in the sun eh Susie? Anyway Susie is a writer by trade and it clearly shows through her blog. She also shares some absolutely fabulous recipes that I look forward to making with and for my little ones – bakers there are some cookies that really are not to be missed! So anyway, over to Susie…
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, who you are, your blog and what we can expect from your blog?Hi everyone! **waves** I’m Susie and I’m 31 (sob!), originally from York but now living in Norfolk with my lovely husband Matt. We have a daughter, Miss Belle who recently turned two. I write about our family life, days out, those moments where you pull your hair out and those moments where you feel so happy you could burst. I write honestly about how I’m feeling, even if I’m scared I’ll sound weird. I also am a bit of a foodie so I’ve started adding in some recipes and foodie posts too.
2. When your not blogging, how do you fill your time – are you a working parent, SAHP, WAHP? When your not working what do you like to do for fun?
I’m a SAHM now. I went back to work part time after a full 13 months maternity leave but I found it so stressful. After 4 months I left. Miss Belle was so ill those first few months, we very rarely made it through a week without a trip to the doctor or me having to take time off work. It was just nursery germs but I was so anxious and she was referred to the hospital because she had constant temperatures of 40 degrees every week or every other week. When I weighed up my constant worry, the cost of childcare and my reduced pay, and the fact we could afford for me to be off, it made sense to take a career break. I just never imagined I’d want to be a SAHM. In my spare time I love to do anything that revolves around food and seeing my friends. I also try to keep fit with a couple of gym classes a week, I’m on a never ending quest to tone up…It’s not happened yet!
3. How long have you been blogging and what is your favourite and least favourite thing about it?
I started blogging about 7 months ago. I love the community but more than anything I love that it’s given me something of ‘me’ back. I was always pretty ambitious. I did well at school and uni, did a post grad, and went straight into a professional job as a broadcast journalist then into PR. Giving all that up was so scary. But now even if it’s just for an hour a day, I can sit at my laptop and learn, write and engage with others. It’s been fantastic for my confidence. My least favourite part is the time it takes to promote your posts – it’s far more time consuming than I ever imagined.
4. If you could pass on a piece of advice to a newbie blogger what would it be?
Your first thoughts are usually the right ones. I’ve had a couple of posts that I’ve been nervous about publishing, but those have always been my most popular. Stick with your gut feeling.
5. If money were no issue, and you could tick one thing off your bucket list what would it be and why?
I would love to go to the Grand Canyon and fly over it in a helicopter, that would be amazing and a once in a lifetime moment I’m sure!
6. Can you share some love and tell us what blogs you are enjoying at the moment and that you would recommend?
I absolutely love Whinge Whinge Wine Fran is so funny and I aspire to write with so much wit. Then I really love Five Little Doves Laura writes so beautifully and shares her experience of baby loss – something that is close to my heart as a close relative lost a baby. Another favourite is Just Saying Mum. Helen is another fantastic writer and I think her teenagers are lucky to have such a cool mum! There’s loads more I could add but I’ll be here forever!
You can find me at http://www.thisismenow.co.uk <http://www.thisismenow.co.uk/> or on twitter @susie_hawes https://twitter.com/susie_hawes<https://twitter.com/susie_hawes> Instagram @susiehawes https://www.instagram.com/susiehawes/ <https://www.instagram.com/susiehawes/> and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/susie.thisismenow/ <https://www.facebook.com/susie.thisismenow/>