Hello there and welcome to the latest instalment of my series #MeetTheFamily. It is a spin off from our linky #FamilyFun. You may know that #FamilyFun is a linky where you can link up any blog post with the idea of it being a fun linky where you share your posts, comments and love with your blogging family. This post is all about getting to know our blogging family a bit better. So without further ado I will introduce you to this weeks member:
Ah I am so pleased to welcome Lianne to this series. I have discovered her blog through #familyfun and love it. You really wouldn’t think she has only been blogging four months. She likes to keep it real and tell it how it is and that is always a winner in my book – after all this parenting gig is tough eh peeps. So Lianne thank you for agreeing to take part and I wish you lots of luck on your return to work xx
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, who you are, your blog and what we can expect from your blog?
Hey guys! My name is Lianne Harris and you’ll find me over at www.mrsmummyharris.co.uk. I live in Essex with Hubby, my seven month old Ben and our two cats Leo and Harley. I am a first time mum trying to get her head around the changes that Parenting brings through the method of Blogging. My Blog does not hold back and as seen in my porridge fingers post, I’m not the stepford wife; nor have i claimed to be. I embrace my faults and let other parents know its ok to be a bit rubbish at times!
2. When your not blogging, how do you fill your time – are you a working parent, SAHP, WAHP? When your not working what do you like to do for fun?
I am due to return to work this week and to be honest I’m cacking it. Not only have I not been at work for over eight months, but I am now starting a new job with longer hours so I feel like the girl who starts a new school half way through the year!
When I’m not focusing on my blog (am I the only one who seems to live and breathe it?) I enjoy watching movies and shopping. I love me a bargain and living in a low income town there are lots of bargains to be had!
3. How long have you been blogging and what is your favourite and least favourite thing about it?
I’ve only been blogging for little under four months, so I’m quite new to this industry. So far I love the community I have found, the support amongst fellow bloggers is amazing. People do not see each other as competition, tips are shared amongst eachother and encouragement is always seen between bloggers!
I must say the only downside I have found is when you really want to do a blogging opportunity and think it is a perfect fit for your site, but the brand doesnt agree can suck big time, but you just need to remember that it wasnt meant to be. Something else will come along though!
4. If you could pass on a piece of advice to a newbie blogger what would it be?
I actually have two pieces of advice.
1) Find your voice and stick to it. know that the first few posts will be a work in progress and you’ll probably look back and cringe, but it is part of the process.
2) Remember blogging is all about networking, not competition. You’ll probably find that fellow bloggers are doing the same reviews as you; but find your own spin on it and dont see it as negative. If you are doing the same review as someone you see as successful in the blogging world, then embrace it and use it to push yourself further as you obviously on the right track!
5. If money were no issue, and you could tick one thing off your bucket list what would it be and why?
I’d have to say either a trip to lapland, or a trip to Florida to visit all the themeparks with a day trip to miami to swim with dolphins. Both are bucket list dreams which we hope will happen but of course it will take us a long time to save!!
6. Can you share some love and tell us what blogs you are enjoying at the moment and that you would recommend?
I love reading https://notaneffingfairytaleblog.com/; her Dear Zoo inspired Tinder post is one of my favourite posts to date of any blogger. I also really look forward to reading http://ourrachblogs.com/
These two lovely ladies definately have a style of writing and humour that I wish I could put to paper.
Go check them out!!