What To Get The Man Who Doesn’t Want?

What To Get The Man Who Doesn’t Want?

Christmas – you know you’re all talking about it. We’re trying not to but we are, it seems to have started earlier this year. I read an interesting post by Mad House Mum, which discusses an interesting theory behind why. I must say I think she is on to something.

Either way, like it or not, Christmas is on its way and therefore trees have to be decorated, fridges filled and presents brought. I have never been a huge fan of Christmas but this year I am embracing it head on. Despite my Christmas-with-gusto approach there is always a stumbling block in my way, and that is Mr Tammy. No he isn’t Scrooge but he is impossible to buy for. I want to buy him presents, I like to buy him presents he deserves presents but what an earth to buy?

He, like most men, doesn’t ask for anything, despite my nagging ‘what do you want? Is there anything you would like?’ His reply is always ‘I don’t know’ ‘don’t get me anything’.

I mean really, what kind of answer is that? If he thinks that is going to let him off the hook for buying me a present he is, of course, mistaken.

I am however no further forward.  See not only does he never really give me any hint he actually doesn’t want for anything. He is an impatient type and if he does want something he will get it. Unless it is a new 4k Ultra HD Smart TV. He’ll ask me for that but seeing as my, now former, employer was not so keen on paying me to be a stay at home mum said TV will not be in the stocking this year.

So I spend a large amount of time trawling the internet and aisles for gifts that Mr Tammy might want, or at least like. Pleasing the fussiest man I know is no mean feat people. He likes clothes but he likes nice clothes that fit well and are ‘stylish’. I am always reluctant to buy clothes for him as I am worried I will get it wrong.  I have however come across the perfect medium – an item of clothing that you quite simply cannot get wrong. An item that any recipient cannot  help but fall in love with.

Son of a Tailor make beautiful custom fit, made to order, cotton t-shirts. They are effortlessly stylish, simple and elegant. All the t-shirts are made from 100% organic cotton with a 100% perfect fit guarantee. They also offer a fabulous Christmas gift box, which when purchased allows the recipient to buy their very own custom t-shirt.

You can choose from 5 different colours and two different weights of cotton. You can choose your neck line, a pocket, no pocket. You could also fill in a few details, such as age, height, weight, and shoe size and an ideal sized t-shirt is produced based on data from over 10,000 people. You can however then customise any aspects of the t-shirt you want, such as the sleeve, neck and fit, can even opt to have your initials put on it. It really is custom in every sense of the word.

So you might be thinking, a T-Shirt? Really, but you just need to take a peek at the website to see why I am bowled over by it. There is nothing better than wearing comfortable, well-fitting and good-looking clothes and a T-Shirt should not be under estimated.

Jess CEO son of a tailor

What did I say.. a t-shirt should never be underestimated…

model wearing son of a tailor t shirt

Sorry that’s the last one, promise.

It can be dressed up and dressed down, it is effortless yet stylish. Son of a Tailor offer an original and bespoke product made from the finest materials. They would make a unique and heart-felt present or just a nice treat for yourself.

Son of a Tailor are offering 15% off a Giftbox this coming Christmas, you simply have to use the code TAMMY2016 when purchasing. These amazing boxes contain a voucher for a custom-made t-shirt together with a measuring tape. They come beautifully wrapped and would make the perfect Christmas gift. They are priced at $60, which at today’s rate is approximately £42.00 PLUS your discount.

**this was a collaborative post

1. December 5, 2016 / 8:57 am

Amazing idea and so beautifully packaged! May have a look into purchasing some of these lovely #MarvMondays

2. December 5, 2016 / 9:21 am

Oh they look good! Yes my hubby is tricky, not so much because I don’t have ideas or know what he would like, but because he always researches things and finds the best price and I know if I buy it I will waste money lol, it can be hard because he is amazing at picking gifts for me and then I feel bad #MarvMondays

3. December 5, 2016 / 9:49 am

That’s a really lovely idea for a gift. I also have a man who claims he wants nothing and is impossible to buy for… #MarvMondays

4. December 5, 2016 / 3:49 pm

This is a really good idea! I hope your OH likes it :) #MarvMondays

5. December 5, 2016 / 7:09 pm

Oh they look good. My husband is a nightmare too. So far he’s got the obligatory aftershave and some preworkout for the gym and that’ll probably be it. Thanks for joining us for #marvmondays

6. December 7, 2016 / 12:48 am

Wonderful idea! I always struggle to find something to buy for my OH… this looks like a good option and the quality sounds amazing #familyfun

7. December 7, 2016 / 5:54 am

This is a good one!! I really struggle with my Mr too!

8. December 7, 2016 / 6:50 am

What a great idea. My hubby is really tricky to buy for too and, as you say, when he wants something, he just goes and buys it. T-shirts are my go-to present for him these days so I’ll have a look into these #FamilyFun

9. December 7, 2016 / 7:33 am

Men are ridiculously hard to buy for aren’t they?! I usually go for gig tickets, but this year I’ve got him a driving experience! The tshirts are really lovely #FamilyFun

10. December 7, 2016 / 8:02 am

I really like this idea! Theres nothing like a good fitting t-shirt. This year I’m not stuck for gift ideas for mr… he’s given me a list lol

11. December 7, 2016 / 8:24 am

I think I’m perhaps quite lucky that mine is quite easy to buy for. Not that fussy either! and he never buys himself anything! #familyfun

12. December 7, 2016 / 8:44 am

Men are so tricky to buy for, imagine if we just did what they asked and got them nothing! #Familyfun

• tammymum
      December 7, 2016 / 8:58 am

Ha I know!!

13. December 7, 2016 / 8:58 am

They do look nice and like that they are organic! #familyfun

14. December 7, 2016 / 10:37 am

These do look lovely. Even the packaging is perfect! My husband is the same, he doesn’t want anything and I struggle so much! These might be a bit expensive for me, but they do look very nice! #FamilyFun

15. December 7, 2016 / 11:00 am

It seems the dilemma of what to buy for men at Christmas afflicts us all. I feel these t-shirts are a bit expensive, even with the discount – my husband doesn’t really appreciate clothes enough to justify the expense – my son-in-law on the other hand would love them. Thanks for sharing.

16. December 7, 2016 / 12:34 pm

This is unique and different! my hubs would never appreciate such a gift but I hope yours does!

17. December 7, 2016 / 1:56 pm

What a great idea. There is no way you can get it wrong with a gift like this. My hubby says he doesn’t want anything either, I should leave him an empty stocking just to see the look on his face lol

18. December 7, 2016 / 3:36 pm

very unique and wonderful idea for super casual hubs! Thanks for sharing! #FamilyFun.

19. December 7, 2016 / 5:33 pm

What an awesome idea and the package is so lovely:) I have always problem with resent for my hubby as well:D

20. December 7, 2016 / 7:28 pm

Love these and especially the fact they’re packaged so nicely. i’m going to order a couple for Joe because similarly to you, I have a partner who never wants anything arrgghhh

21. December 7, 2016 / 8:23 pm

Oooh they look swish! Great idea, I will remember for future. #FamilyFun x

22. December 7, 2016 / 8:57 pm

Such a great idea and so nicely presented #familyfun

23. December 7, 2016 / 9:00 pm

Hi Tammy

People say im hard to buy for as well. The 2 things I tend to suggest they can get me are experience vouchers or books. Have a think about what he’s read over the past year and see if anything new has been written about it.

24. December 7, 2016 / 9:17 pm

What a great idea for a Christmas gift. My hubby is difficult to buy for too and doesn’t always find it easy to find T-shirts that fit well so something like this would be good for him too. Hope Mr Tammy likes his T-shirt :-) #familyfun

25. December 7, 2016 / 9:46 pm

oh they do look good. Men can be so difficult to buy for and this would cut out alot of the stress in trying to overthink it.

Mainy

26. December 8, 2016 / 6:48 am

Fab idea. We have lots of tailors here in Doha who are very reasonably priced and my fashion unconscious (until now) husband has become slightly addicted to getting tailored shirts and suits

27. December 8, 2016 / 7:28 am

My hubby is tricky too and his birthday is 9 days before Christmas which really doesn’t help either x #familyfun

28. December 8, 2016 / 1:05 pm

That’s a good idea. My husband is awful to buy for too. He never wants anything and will go out and buy anything he feels he needs. I do usually end up buying him clothes. He’s a welder and most of his clothes have holes in them due to the sparks so at least I know it’s always something he needs.

29. December 8, 2016 / 2:19 pm

I have to admit that I am like your husband. My wife and I don’t buy each other gifts because we are never all that thrilled with them. I tell her to save her money for the kids #familyfun

30. December 8, 2016 / 3:09 pm

That is some cute packaging! As is the model ;-p

31. December 9, 2016 / 3:11 pm

Custom shirts are the way to go! Whenever we visit India, my dad takes my husband along and buys him different kinds of shirt material (cloths) and then they go to my dad’s tailor (whom he has had for over 25 years) and then the tailor measures my husband to get custom shirts stitched. By the time we return home to the US, he has some 6-7 shirts created just for him with cloths/designs (e.g, stripes or checks/plaid) that he picked and they are all so inexpensive! (when you compare the currency exchange rate). #familyfun

32. December 9, 2016 / 10:18 pm

Guys are so difficult to buy for that my hubby knows what he’s got for Christmas! #FamilyFun

33. December 10, 2016 / 7:29 am

My wife says I’m difficult to buy for too. Mostly because I tell her what I want but then she likes to add surprises haha.

34. December 10, 2016 / 8:48 am

My Mr is also impossible to buy for and very picky too. I think he would love this. Thank you for the tip x #familyfun

35. December 10, 2016 / 10:33 am

Great suggestion, love the packaging. Why do men always say they can’t think of anything tho want?! #familyfun

36. December 11, 2016 / 10:06 pm

Men are so hard to buy for. I have a Superdry fan for a husband so thankfully he normally always gets something from them. He never did have inexpensive taste!! #familyfun

37. December 12, 2016 / 3:26 am

What IS it about hubbies that they just can’t VERBALIZE what the heck it is they want?!? (I know that mine wants an elaborately planned striptease, but since I’ve told him that all that head whipping makes me nauseated, it has somewhat taken the appeal away…) #FamilyFun