I think we can all agree, the glorious summer days seem to be behind us for another year. We’ve had some pretty beautiful days though, I recall lots of afternoons in the pub garden or just the garden round the barbie. Now though I have dug out my Ugg boots and have contemplated that forbidden word…heating, much to Mr Tammy’s dismay. We are lucky enough to be having one final Hoorah in the sun and are jetting off with the little ones to sunny Spain to soak up the last bit of sun before the winter really kicks in. I can’t shake that feeling of impending winter, that when we arrive home in October the nights will be darker, the weather colder and the a hats and scarves out.
Now don’t get me wrong, I am no Gok Wan when it comes to fashion and it has been so long since I have been able to consider being stylish, what with being pregnant, having a newborn, being pregnant again rather quickly and then another newborn. Just getting dressed was the order of the day what you put on is really neither here nor there, it’ll end up covered in food, sick or snot anyway. I now find myself able to look past the baby haze and toward something that involves a little bit of me *gasps *.
So with that in mind, and some recent birthday money to spend I have put together a few of my autumnal/winter favourites to see me though the next few months.
- Black Stripy day dress . OK I am little biased as I recently had this as a birthday gift but I love it. On the last of the warmer days it could be worn as a dress, without tights but on these colder autumnal days it looks great coupled with some black tights or leggings and ankle boots.
- Speaking of boots. Everyone needs a good pair of winter boots. I could go quite happily from Ugg boot to flip flop every year. This country isn’t always Ugg friendly what with all the rain and as comfy as they are they are not always the most stylish. I have lots of shin high boots but I am distinctly lacking in a pair of ankle boots. I think these would look fab teamed up with a dress or skinny jeans.
- Wrap up warm. This is probably my most essential piece of cold weather wear. You will not catch me without a scarf – the bigger the better. I hate my chest or neck being exposed to the cold and a good scarf never fails to make you feel warm and cosy. It can also really make an outfit. Here are few of my favs so far this year.
- The big jumper. No winter wardrobe is complete without a big jumper right? Isn’t that one of the only good things about this horrible cold weather, snuggling into a big warm jumper? As much as love donning Mr Tammy’s over sized hoodies and slippers (which I am totally wearing now), it doesn’t have to be all man jumpers and worn out hoodies. I love this wool blend jumper from H&M, it looks like the perfect mix between big and cosy yet stylish and chic. Teamed with a pair of skinny jeans or black leather skirt and (yep you guessed it) boot combi it would look great.
- A staple shit. I love a shirt, they can be the perfect mix between smart and casual and can really pick up a jean and top combo.
Do you have any winter favs? a staple piece of clothing that sees you through these chilly months? I’d love to hear from you.