You at two

You at two

Zara you recently turned two. Like most I can’t believe where the last two years have gone. You are a little person now.

You have a wide ranging vocabulary. You don’t always get words spot on but you try and say everything. You certainly understand everything we say to you.

You are still as busy as ever, from sun up to sun down you are on the go all the time. You don’t walk anywhere you run and jump.

You prefer to be on your feet than in the Pram. You go everywhere by foot. I can’t believe you are only two. I am told I was the same.

You also like the iPad. You love to watch videos of nursery rhymes or children playing with babies or dressed up as children’s characters

You love your bot bot – your milk. I’m sure you would exist on a diet of milk alone if I’d let you.

You are a fussy eater and don’t eat much. Unless it is choc choc, bic bics, or risps.

You like playing with your brother, most of the time. You have been known to push him or take his toys. But he’s starting to fight back. Lucky me.

You have stopped napping in the day. Thanks. But you go to bed at seven and sleep till seven – I love you.

You love cars. That’s your father in you. We have so many plastic sit on cars it drives me crazy. You also love to wheel round on bikes.

Zara in car ride at the fair
You love the outdoors. Going out is your favourite thing. You love the park and the liiide. – I may have told you it’s broken in the past to avoid the park.

You also have a weird obsession with doors. Always opening and closing them, wherever we are.

You have started to become so brave. You were once scared of rides that moved. Now you love them. We can’t get you off them and you actually ask for money to put in the machines.

zara on a high ride You love a cuddle. You are so loving and I adore this about you. I love to have a cuddle with you.

You have the most gorgeous blue eyes and brightest whitest blond hair I have ever seen.

#nofilter

You have a sense of humour that astounds me for your age.

You love to dance.

You love your sister Lauren and your cousin mimi – Imi.

You love Nanny Bebble and Grandad.

You are a happy and smiley little girl but are no stranger to a tantrum. You have stared to say no to me. A lot.

You can be very stubborn. Given your parents it’s really no surprise.

You, Zara, are the light of my life.

You make me happy. True, you can drive me crazy too.

You scare the life out of me with your daring nature.

You make me smile.

You make me feel a love I never knew.

You (and your brother)  are the best thing in my life.

You make me feel like I am home.

You are so loved.

zara with family photo collage

You at two.

Tammymum
Diary of an imperfect mum

1. September 7, 2016 / 6:29 am

oh what a lovely tribute, love all those cute and cheeky pics too. So cute that she is getting adventurous yet still loves her cuddles #familyfun

2. September 7, 2016 / 7:08 am

What a beautiful post! She will love to read this when she’s older. Absolutely beautiful. And she is such a little cutie. Love how adventurous she’s getting #familyfun

• tammymum
      September 7, 2016 / 8:51 pm

Thank you I really hope so.

3. September 7, 2016 / 7:20 am

Beautiful post with gorgeous pictures, she’s such a cutie! It’s a lovely age :) #familyfun

• tammymum
      September 7, 2016 / 8:38 pm

Ah thank you x

4. September 7, 2016 / 11:11 am

Awww, so sweet – and she’s gorgeous! The Popple does the door opening and closing thing too, and we’re no stranger to the tantrum either. I can’t wait until she gets to this age and starts talking more – I can’t wait to hear what she has to say! #FamilyFun

• tammymum
      September 7, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Oh the doors – you’re constantly on edge that they’re going to hurt themselves or others. Yes the speaking is just fab, apart form the constant ‘NO Mummy’ I am not so keen on that part! Thanks for your comment lovey xx

5. September 7, 2016 / 12:50 pm

My daughter is 2 very soon. She is also into cars and trains and tractors (unlike her older sister who has always preferred more stereotypical pastimes like dolls and handbags). I love this age because they’re really starting to show their personality and to start talking. Happy Birthday, little one! #FamilyFun

• tammymum
      September 7, 2016 / 8:26 pm

Yeah thats very true, I can really see the difference between my two year old and my one – her personality is really on show, whereas the one year old is just starting to come out of his shell a bit. It is a lovely age isn’t it. Thank you for your comment lovey xx

6. September 7, 2016 / 1:57 pm

This is really lovely! It makes me think I should write these on each of my children’s birthdays for them to look back on when they are older. Also, very lovely photos!

• tammymum
      September 7, 2016 / 8:21 pm

Ah thank you. I am quick to moan about them on my blog so thought I’d better even it out a bit with a nice post lol xx

7. September 7, 2016 / 3:39 pm

This is a lovely reflection piece that you’ll be able to look back on time and time again. I just wish our two would sleep until 7am!
    Potty Adventures

• tammymum
      September 7, 2016 / 8:15 pm

I hope so! Oh hope you get a ‘lie in’ soon. As if 7 is the new lie in…

8. September 7, 2016 / 4:20 pm

Yes! What a beautiful post! They grow up so fast!!!

9. September 7, 2016 / 5:04 pm

It goes so fast doesn’t it? My little guy is two in a couple of months and I can’t believe it! #fmailyfun

10. September 7, 2016 / 7:44 pm

Ah this is so lovely. I remember my daughter’s door obsession when she turned two – it drove me mad! Luckily she’s over it so you only have about 9 months to go! #FamilyFun

• tammymum
      September 7, 2016 / 8:04 pm

Thats a lot of months of ‘Zara don’t play with the door, its not a toy’ Think i’ll record it and put it on repeat hehe. Thanks for your comment xx

11. September 7, 2016 / 8:28 pm

What an absolutely beautiful post. I have a 13 month old daughter and she has bright blond hair and piercing blue eyes too, she is also massively stubborn and independent :) I love it. A x

12. September 7, 2016 / 9:11 pm

Beautiful. They really grow so fast. Such lovely pictures too. #familyfun

13. September 8, 2016 / 6:25 am

This is such a beautiful post and so full of memories! Her blue eyes are simply gorgeous – I am very jealous! #FamilyFun

14. September 8, 2016 / 6:54 am

Beautiful post. My little girl turned two last month. It’s amazing watching they’re personality develop isn’t it? She’s also got a great sense of humour and loves to dance and run. She has a smile that can light up a room and a scream that can empty it. The tantrums this girl can throw are spectacular! Plenty of fun times ahead 😉

15. September 8, 2016 / 1:33 pm

This is such a cute post. My little one has also just turned 2 and I think a lot of the things you wrote here would probably feature in my post if I ever wrote a lovely tribute to her like you just did. In particular the love for dancing and an amazing sense of humour. x #familyfun

16. September 8, 2016 / 7:04 pm

Beautiful post. She’s gorgeous with that blonde hair and blue eyes. I love that she wants to walk everywhere! Shes a cutie xx

17. September 8, 2016 / 8:07 pm

They say home is where the heart is and it sounds like your heart is full of love for your daughter. #familyfun

18. September 8, 2016 / 9:10 pm

What a lovely post and what a gorgeous, happy little girl. Our little girl loves dancing too – it’s so cute to watch and always makes me laugh. It’s such a shame that they grow up so quickly. #familyfun

19. September 8, 2016 / 9:40 pm

Zara is such an adorable little girl! I love her picture on the ride with the blue light shining through. The absolute joy on Zara’s face made my heart warm. Great capture. Beautiful read too. You have given me an idea to start writing something like this for every year of my child’s age. Thank you. #familyfun

20. September 9, 2016 / 4:57 am

Happy 2nd birthday beautiful girl. A beautiful letter to look back on x #familyfun

21. September 9, 2016 / 6:11 am

This is such a lovely idea, and a great way to remember all of those tiny details about our little cherubs!
    I relate to the love of the ipad and ‘risps’ especially haha.
    what a gorgeous little girlie – we have a 2 yr old as well, she will be 3 in Jan. perhaps I should have a go at writing a little post about them!
    big love, L

22. September 9, 2016 / 9:19 am

This is lovely. They are so funny and cheeky at 2 :) #familyfun

23. September 9, 2016 / 1:44 pm

This is super sweet. My little girl turned 1 yestarday. Where is the time going ? #Familyfun

24. September 14, 2016 / 12:19 pm

Such a beautiful post and she does have totally gorgeous eyes! I wish I’d written post like this for my two. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉