Through the eyes of a toddler

image

Now little Miss Z can’t actually talk yet, well she can say a handful of words but boy does she want to. She is always babbling at us trying to say something but for the life of us we cannot work it out, for the most part it’s blah blah blah da da da blup blup blup, you get the idea. Although if she could I imagine she would say a little something like this…

Little Miss Z on…

The airplane – what even is this? What do you mean I can’t get up, that  man is stood up. I don’t even have a seat, I have to sit on your lap. Do not show me those books anymore, we’ve read Dear Zoo 17 times in the last 20 minutes. BORED.

The pool  – mum to be honest I think you’ve been quite inconsistent with this. Since we’ve got here you have told me to ‘stay away’, ‘don’t go in there’, ‘be careful’, you’ve yelled at anybody who hasn’t followed me outside and you’ve even put things in my way so I can’t go all the way round the outside, but mum, you then seemed to be upset when I wouldn’t go in with you – I’m not sure I understand? Honestly you parents can be fickle things.

The beach – what on earth? You can’t even walk on it properly and it feels weird, I image
mean really weird and I just could not get the sand off my hands, it was just ALWAYS there. I think there is still some there now, and what’s with dad? He kept on and on about the sand being everywhere, on the towel, in the prams, in the bags well yeah it is everywhere, have you seen the size of the beach and just how much of that yellow stuff there is. Don’t even get me started on that massive blue pool you tried to put  me in…

Food – owww dinner time yay, what we having? Pasta! Good I like pasta…wait a minute, Grandad has chips, Nanny has chip ummm Daddy has chips, mum if yo…what you have chips as well, that’s not fair I want chips. From here on out I declare this chip day and I will only eat CHIPS.

imageSitting down – mum why is it every time I wake up from my nap you and dad have had lunch without me and are just sat. Why do you want to sit all.the.time you know I like to walk. It’s alright for you you’ve been here loads, it’s new to me I’ve got things to see, come on get up. I said up. Now. Come on. Don’t sit anymore. Let’s go.

On going home – I don’t want to mum. I like it here. Wait why am I telling you…Dadddddyyy…..

Mudpie Fridays
Mummuddlingthrough
ethannevelyn
You Baby Me Mummy
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
Pink Pear Bear

1. March 9, 2016 / 10:42 am

love it, takes me right back

2. agentspitback
    March 9, 2016 / 11:33 am

Bwahaha, this is so funny! I agree with her — I will only eat chips too. Smart Baby. I really enjoyed reading this post. We adults really do not make any sense when you see it from their perspective, right? #BloggerClubUK

• March 9, 2016 / 2:26 pm

God I know. We must be so confusing, I’d love to know what’s going on in their little minds

3. March 9, 2016 / 2:28 pm

This made me laugh out loud. It’s so true, these toddlers must think we’re mad half the time! X #bloggerclubuk

4. March 10, 2016 / 7:18 am

Hee Hee, I could do a post like this on my toddler. His speech is developing really well but he communicates the best through his tantrums, not! #coolmumclub

5. March 10, 2016 / 7:26 am

This made me laugh, especially the swimming pool and the chips :-) #coolmumclub

6. March 10, 2016 / 7:27 pm

Awww, still loving the holiday-ness of your post! Are you not home yet?! This was really funny…smarter than we think those kiddos.
    Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub x

• March 10, 2016 / 9:58 pm

Just got home today. Boo it’s cold. Yes they are she was probably just telling me to do one lol xx

7. March 11, 2016 / 2:03 pm

I’m sure that is so true. I can just imagine it! #thelist

8. March 11, 2016 / 4:57 pm

Fab post! Holidays can be so much fun. What did she make of the travel cot/sleeping situation? #coolmumclub

• March 11, 2016 / 5:48 pm

She really wasn’t bothered she slept all night. But I have taken her away a lot and I think she’s used to the travel cot. I also padded it a bit for her to make it more comfy xx

• March 11, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Oh that’s good! Extra padding is the way forward, ours needs it too!

9. March 11, 2016 / 5:30 pm

Toddlers are baffling. The colour of a cup can mean the difference between peace and apocalypse but it’s always a gamble as to which one it will be!

#FabFridayPosts

10. March 12, 2016 / 11:03 am

Lol love it! You seem to have done a fab (and funny) job of summing up her thoughts šŸ˜‰

#FabFridayPosts

11. March 12, 2016 / 7:26 pm

lol! So funny! She is such a chatty girl isn’t she. I think Evelyn and your little girl will get on so well together. She is always chatty too! lol! Thank you so much for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost

12. March 12, 2016 / 9:19 pm

Ah bless. You forget how exciting it is doing it all for the first time

13. March 12, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Hahahah! So funny & so true!

14. March 13, 2016 / 1:20 pm

It must be a confusing world to grow up in! The food thing deffinetly. Luckily he’s able to eat whatever im having so that helps now. Very clever children they know how to get their own way.

15. March 13, 2016 / 3:11 pm

Ahh, first holidays are brilliant. And awful. Awfully brilliant. :)
    #KCACOLS

16. March 14, 2016 / 9:31 am

haha great read, really enjoyed x #bigpinklink

17. March 14, 2016 / 9:38 am

I think the toddler has a point. We are fickle and inconsistent. Very funny and an interesting way to look at it from the childs perspective :)

• March 14, 2016 / 9:42 am

Yeah we are, we can be very much do as I say and not as I do. Must be a mind field for them lol x

18. March 14, 2016 / 9:40 am

hehehe! This made me chuckle. Toddlers are awesome. #bigpinklink

19. March 14, 2016 / 12:58 pm

Toddlers are right – holidays are a strange time when all the rules go out of the window! I think if everyone else had chips then I know I’d be wanting my chips too! Hope you had an amazing time (are you back yet or still there?) #bigpinklink

• March 14, 2016 / 1:00 pm

Yes it was a little unfair of me, parading our chips around like that… No we are home :( but had a nice little break so should t complain…but might a little xx

20. March 14, 2016 / 1:41 pm

Haha!! Brilliant!! I often wonder if I’m confusing the hell out of my children too, with my very contradictory behaviour!! And I love trying to imagine what they’re thinking about certain things! And of course daddy is always the go-to person because after all, mummy only usually dies absolutely everything for you…!!
    Thanks for sharing with #bigpinklink!

21. Becky, Cuddle Fairy
    March 14, 2016 / 4:06 pm

Ah so cute & so true for a lot of toddlers I’d say! I’m glad she enjoyed the holiday. My daughter decided to live on chips while we were away last summer. You just have to be glad they are eating something! Thanks so much for sharing with us at #bloggerclubuk x

• March 14, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Yes it very much got to that point. I was ordering her chips by the end lol x

22. March 16, 2016 / 8:56 am

heheheh this is so funny. It must be pretty confusing for them right – we tell them one thing and do another! I love the part when she wakes up from her nap and you are just sitting! lol And who wouldn’t want to have a chip day?

Thank you for linking up to #KCACOLS and I hope to see you back again on sunday! x

23. March 19, 2016 / 2:02 pm

hahaha this is do funny!! She is starting to understand and explore new things and yes I also think that us as parents are a little bit contradictory sometimes, lol. Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS, :-) x

24. March 24, 2016 / 4:36 pm

You are so right about the food one. We always prep something for H and invariably he wants what is on our plate – even curry!! Popped over from #KCACOLS weeks ago! Forgot to comment!! – sorry :-)

25. April 19, 2016 / 8:02 am

This is great :) I read it back in March and still makes me giggle! #chucklemums

• tammymum
      April 19, 2016 / 2:55 pm

26. April 19, 2016 / 8:40 am

Ah, chips. Try and get potato into a kid any other way and no, but put it in the form of a chip and it’s a universal winner. Kids are strange.
    Thanks for linking to #chucklemums!

27. April 19, 2016 / 10:36 am

aww just brilliant – love it – and to be honest I liken the sound of your baby – she rocks it on attitude and good points – she’s going to be one sassy toddler – look forward to more posts like these – inspired #Chucklemums

• tammymum
      April 19, 2016 / 2:55 pm

Oh she is a sassy little madam now and know all about 10 words. Dread to think what e talking version will be like… Thank you for your comment xx

28. April 19, 2016 / 11:07 am

Babies are so funny on the sand for the first time “WTF IS THIS!!!” šŸ˜€ #chucklemums

• tammymum
      April 19, 2016 / 2:56 pm

That was definitely the look on her face! X

29. April 19, 2016 / 3:22 pm

Brilliant! I can’t blame her wanting chips or wondering why sand is everywhere! Haha love her, she’s got such a personality already! #chucklemums

• tammymum
      April 19, 2016 / 7:21 pm

Oh yes she is full of it in her little 20 months. Thanks for your comment lovey xx

30. April 20, 2016 / 6:55 pm

I remember a plane journey with Dear Zoo – I don’t think we have read it again since then! #chucklemums

• tammymum
      April 20, 2016 / 8:38 pm

Mine still likes to read it!!! For my sins…