I’d like to thank my mum…my dad… Ok that’s a bit much but I would like to thank the lovely Elaine over at three plus two equals five for the nomination. Please go check out here blog here. I would also like to apologise to her for taking so long to write this post, I have had various technical issues delaying some of my blogging posts, but above all wanted to make sure I had people to nominate to pass ‘the award’ along to.
If like me you haven’t heard about the Liebster award allow me to fill you in. To my mind then Liebster Award sums up the blogging community that I have come to know and love. It is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers, it’s a way of sharing the love man. One thing I have learnt is that there is a lot of love out in the blogging community. Everyone has a different goal when it comes to their blog, some want to make a profit, some want to vent, some simply want a hobby, whatever it is there’s always someone out there who’s got your virtual back.
So without much further ado here’s the ‘rules’ for the nomination
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
3. Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
4. Come up with 10 questions you would like to ask of your nominees.
5. Nominate 10 newbie bloggers, by commenting on one of their blog posts with a link to your Liebster Award post, and a short message about nominating them.
So here’s the questions that have been asked of me, with as always, my honest answers
1. What/who gave you the nudge towards starting a blog?
For me I had been wanting to do it for a very long time, since my first little baby arrived some 18 months ago but I never really got around to doing it. Being up every hour kind of took away any and all motivation I had. Then some 14 months later we went on a family holiday to Butlins (I know!) but we all had such a great time I just felt compelled to write about. I doubt anyone cared but I did it anyway. I didn’t do any research into starting a blog, I just downloaded WordPress and jumped in at the deep end, I then spent the next few months (and still am) finding my feet.
2. Who is your favourite celebrity to follow on Twitter and why?
Umm I don’t really follow any….
3. What was the last thing you purchased outside of your groceries?
I bought a Lancôme ‘set’. It was for the amazing price of €54 (£45), I brought it in the canaries where we are currently taking a month out – I have never found a deal that matches it back in Blighty. You get a face serum, which I absolutely love and would recommend to anyone, visionarie face cream and eye cream and …
4. How do you get rid of stress?
Would it be wrong to say that Mr TM and I like to open a bottle of prosecco? Being honest and all that. Or I do like to go for a run or a spin class but getting the opportunity to do that is very very few and far between with the two babies.
5. What is your favourite quote?
Ok it’s a little bit of a morbid one but I just can’t help myself and I don’t know if it’s strictly a quote but I have quoted it from W.H.Auden’s poem Stop the Clocks. I love the this poem and I have taken the last verse from it. I imagine he lost a great love and it comes screaming out of the page at you:
The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
6. What is your earliest memory?
Possibly when I was on a family holiday and I had a mega tantrum, the kind that’s drives me crazy when little one does it to me now (sorry Nan, but in my defence you did cut my hair like a boy). However the consequence of said tantrum was that I couldn’t go on the trian, cue second tantrum and my smug cousin riding off into the sunset in the bloody train.
7. If you could rewind the last 24 hours is there anything you would do different?
The last 24 hours have been quite extraordinary actually. We are mid way through a month in the canaries and the weather was amazing yesterday so we spent the day in the pool, followed by the in laws baby sitting and Mr TM and I spending the afternoon/evening in the most beautiful spot overlooking the sea with the sun on our face drinking bubbles. It truly was an amazing day, I don’t think I would even change the hangover I had this morning because the day was so worth it. That being said I did spill strawberry ice water in my paella, if I had my time again I would avoid turning what was a very nice seafood paella into a slightly strawberry flavoured one.
8. You wake up, the sun is shining, you have no responsibilities for the day. What do you do?
I’d have a lie in nothing crazy half 9 perhaps (thing of the past post babies) do a spin class. Eat al fresco all day. Pull up a sun lounger in my garden, read a book, have a doze enjoy the quiet and then meet Mr TM for a bite to eat outside somewhere. Sorry boring answer but that would be a good day.
9. What do you love most about the place you live?
Last summer Mr TM and I brought our forever ever house. It’s by no means picture perfect yet and needs a little tlc in places but I absolutely love it. One thing that’s really fab about it is where it is. It is part of the reason we brought it. I can walk everywhere, the park, shops, town, pubs, soft play and it makes being mum so much easier. Being able to get out and about so easily without having to lug two babies and my tandem pushchair in and out of the car Ames such a difference. I truly love it.
10. Do you have a nickname and how did you get it?
My cousins could never say Sarah instead they used to call me Rah Rah and my auntie calls Rah to this day. I also tend to answer to mum mum mum, Bab, Oi and crying babies.
So I have gone for 9 questions for 9 bloggers:
1. How did you come up with your blog name and is there a story behind it?
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
3. What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
4. Where is your favourite place in the world? A holiday destination? Day out? Home?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
6. What is your favourite book?
7. Can you remember the first blog you read?
8. Do you have any blogging aspirations?
9. What is your biggest vice?
My 9 bloggers are:
So guys take your time and as and when you are ready share the blogging love and pass on the Liebster award.